httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark-Nathaniel Weisman" <m...@outlander.us>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] ProxyPassReverse
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 09:28:49 GMT
Marty,
  I don't have a solution, however I was wondering if you are using a singular IP Address
from the outside, then internal addresses internally? Then proxying the request to another
internal server using it's internal IP Address? I'm trying to do the same kind of thing and
hoping to get the solution you get, can you get the other server with what you've got there?

Sincerely,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman
President/CEO
Infinite Visions Educational Systems Incorporated
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.ivedsys.com
weismanm@ivedsys.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Martyn Longhurst (MJ) [mailto:LonghuJM@telkom.co.za]
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2002 8:35 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] ProxyPassReverse

'ello

Shme again, got time to ask pointless and annoying questions again.

Current VirtualHost entry:

<VirtualHost 165.143.101.4>
	ServerAdmin longhujm@telkom.co.za
	ServerName qit-soldev.telkom.co.za
	Port 8080
	DocumentRoot /webuser/swazitelecoms
	ProxyPass / http://165.143.101.4:8000
	ProxyPassReverse / http://165.143.101.4:8000
</VirtualHost>

However, when I access the url http://qit-soldev.telkom.co.za:8080/ I
get a Bad Request error. The browser also tends to append the
following to the URL: http://qit-soldev.telkom.co.za:8080//index.jsp

What I am trying to get done here, is have apache proxy any and all
requests for a specific url to the tomcat server and let it deal with
the jsps and servlets. However, I do not want the URL to change
whenever the start moving around on the tomcat server.

Is the virtual host the correct path to take or is there something
else I should be doing? I looked at the mod_rewrite.c module,
unfortunately, I'm a little pressed for time in all this. Help would
be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Martyn Longhurst