httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin Williams <jus...@naturalwebs.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache service not running
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 13:00:14 GMT
OK, I've added some comments below.  If the Apache gurus on here can confirm
my thoughts on this one, I'd appreciate it!  Thanks!!

ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2"
Listen 127.0.0.1:80
ServerAdmin szeyger@aol.com
ServerName localhost
UseCanonicalName Off
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs"

#JW Here you are pointing /cgi-bin to your CGI directory
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"

#JW Here you are enabling access to your CGI directory
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin">
   AllowOverride None
   Options None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

#JW Here you are enabling access to your root directory
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs">
  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
  AllowOverride None
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

UserDir "C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/My Website"
DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var
AccessFileName .htaccess

#JW Why the repeat of the ScriptAlias?
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"

#JW Why enable execCGI on your root directory?  Shouldn't this be on the CGI
#directory, instead?
# SZ Trying to make cgi scripts work. Adding from usergroup mail:
<Directory "c:/program files/apache group/apache2/htdocs">
Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

# SZ: Adding handler for perl scripts
  AddType application/x-httpd-cgi .pl .cgi
  AddHandler cgi-script .pl
<Location /server-status>
  SetHandler server-status
  Order deny,allow