httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gregory S. Michaels" <micha...@frii.com>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL, Cookies, Post Variables
Date Tue, 05 Nov 2002 19:02:12 GMT
I am trying to get a Apache Secure Server (SSL) configured to work on a Red
Hat Linux 6.2 server. I have a tes certificate installed which seems to be
working. I host multiple virtual domains on the server and would like to
have them all be able to use the secure server feature. The problem I am
having is that the cookies and data from form post/cgi operations is not
carrying through when I go secure. I am thinking this has to do with the
URLs being referenced are different when secure versus non-secure. So, the
server is not passing on the data. IE. If I start non-secure at URL of
http://www.nonsecure.com and then go secure to https://www.secure.com I
loose all my cookies and/or posted form data. This is a big problem since it
is a shopping cart application. I end up loosing the shopping cart info at
checkout time. So the question is can I force the server to pass on the
cookies/post data despite the differences in the URLs?

Apache secureweb rpm 3.2-12, Perl, mod_perl