httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Fenlason, Josh" <jfenla...@ptc.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2.0.43 w/ ldap on Solaris
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:24:30 GMT
I'm trying to get ldap authentication to work with Apache 2.0.43 on Solaris.  I'm able to get
Apache and all the modules to build fine.  Apache runs great and prompts for authentication,
but it doesn't successfully authenticate.  There are no errors besides saying the user was
not found.  Here is the relevant part of httpd.conf:

LoadModule ldap_module modules/mod_ldap.so
LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so

Alias /authtest "/home/snow/jfenlason/apache2.0.43/solaris/11.21.02/authtest"
<Directory "/home/snow/jfenlason/apache2.0.43/solaris/11.21.02/authtest">
        Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

<Location /authtest/secure>
        AuthName Windchill
        AuthType Basic
        <IfModule mod_auth_ldap.c>
                AuthLDAPAuthoritative off
                AuthLDAPURL ldap://Solara.sandgnat.com/ou=people,dc=sandgnat,dc=ptcnet,dc=ptc,dc=com,ou=cougar60,l=Fort%20Worth,o=SG
        </IfModule>
        AuthUserFile conf/passwd
        require valid-user
</Location>

I turned the LogLevel up to debug and this is the most helpful statement in the log files:

[Fri Nov 22 14:04:28 2002] [error] [client 132.253.8.210] user admin not found:/authtest/secure

Has anyone been able to get ldap authentication to work with 2.0.43 on Solaris?  I've been
able to get it to work on Windows, but no luck on Solaris and I don't really know what else
to try at the moment.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
,
Josh.