httpd-users mailing list archives

From rdku...@starband.net
Subject [users@httpd] SSL and two apache servers
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 20:48:35 GMT
My questions are probably stupid but I am not sure what to even ask to
get the answers I need so here goes.
I have two Apache server installed on Linux.
The first server handles all the virtual sites the second handles a
control panel for managing the server. That is all it does it is not
used for anything else.

You access the second server through rewrite rules from the first
server. Hear is an example.
It check to see if the main site has a certs and if it does it changes
the login to https if not it uses http. this all works fine.

if ( ssl_cert_check("/home/sites/home/certs/") =~ /^2/ ) {
    $proto = 'https';
} else {
    $proto = 'http';
}
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}                ^([^:]+)
RewriteRule ^/acp/?$                     proto://servername:5000/autocontrol/index.php

My question is I can not get the SSL part to work in the second
server. The first server handles SSL just fine but when I try to
access the second server with https I get a page not found.

I want the second server to use the same certs that the first server
does can I do this?

What all do I need compiled in the second server to make it work with
SSl?
The second server is compiled with DSO so any thing else I add can it
use DSO?
What  do I need to add to the conf file of the second server to make
ssl work.
This is how I compiled the second server.
./configure --target=autohttpd --prefix=/home/.autoserv/apache
--enable-module=rewrite --enable-shared=rewrite --enable-module=proxy
--enable-shared=proxy --with-port=5000 --sysconfdir=/home/.autoserv/apache/conf
--htdocsdir=/home/.autoserv/html --cgidir=/home/.autoserv/cgi-bin
--sysconfdir=/home/.autoserv/conf --logfiledir=/home/.autoserv/log
--manualdir=/home/.autoserv/apache/manual

--
Best regards,
 rdkurth                          mailto:rdkurth@starband.net