httpd-users mailing list archives

From "ROBERTS, Karl -Syntegra UK" <Karl.ROBE...@syntegra.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] DNS and apache - a newbie question
Date Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:10:29 GMT
Not really an apache question, but....
You need to get an entry added to a DNS server that knows about your domain.
go to http://www.mydomain.com and join. they have an mechanism to let you
administer your own Domain (by redirecting DNS stuff through an application
that you can control) and redirect web hits and e-mail etc. You can set up
your own DNS entries if you like and point requests to your domain to your
IP address or get www.mydomain.com to stealth-redirect to another web
address for you. But you will probably need to go to the place where you
registered your domain, and change the address of the name servers to point
to www.mydomain.com's name servers for this to work.... this may take a day
or two to propagate through the internet, but when it does you can make
almost instant changes on your www.mydomain.com account.

Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: Diwakar [mailto:diwakar.kamisetti@sigmaquest.net]
Sent: 28 November 2002 09:01
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] DNS and apache - a newbie question

HI All,
 I have installed apache2.0.43 on win2k pro. I have registered a domain
name. Can somebody please point me on how to make this DNS name point to my
machine. Any help on where to find the documentation etc., will be of great
help. If anybody has done this on win 2k pro, if you can share their
experience that will great.
Thnx,