httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Adolf, Michael F" <michael.f.ad...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache Tomcat Realm Problem
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:10:58 GMT
Found why no realm, but ...

I deleted the forte setting folder and reinstalled the latest forte version.
Then I created a new sedb project and mounted the same sedb file system.

Can any one tell me why forte generates and uses a tomcat server.xml file in
forteSettingsFolder/conf that has nothing to do with the server.xml
delivered in tomcat401/conf folder?  Also in the generated server.xml a
comment says it's generating the (default) http container on port 8080 but
generates it on port 8081, the port the delivered server.xml uses for a
proxy.  The generated server.xml also was missing a <realm> tag, which is
the source of my previous problem.

Does anyone know what's happening here?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Adolf, Michael F [mailto:michael.f.adolf@lmco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 9:20 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Apache Tomcat Realm Problem

Running Tomcat via Forte 4.0 up1.  My application, sedb, has the following
security constraint in its web.xml

  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>sedb</web-resource-name>
      <description>SEDB web site</description>
      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
      <description>SCISW Client Server Group</description>
      <role-name>clientserver</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
  </security-constraint>
  <login-config>
    <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
    <realm-name>sedb</realm-name>
  </login-config>
  <security-role>
    <description>SCISW Client Server Group</description>
    <role-name>clientserver</role-name>
  </security-role>

When I execute application within Forte I get the error:

"No Realm has been configured to authenticate against."

and the browser claims /index.html is not available.

If I remove only the <security-constraint> container, it work OK.

I can't see anything wrong with the above and server.xml contains the
default <realm> for Memory realm.  What am I missing?

Please Help!
Mike