httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Quentin Bennett" <Quentin.Benn...@infinity.co.nz>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] PHP Difference between Apache 1.3.9 and 2.0
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 23:15:31 GMT
Thanks - I don't have an objection, I just thought I was seeing a difference in behaviour between
the versions.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Sent: Monday, 11 November 2002 12:13 p.m.
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] PHP Difference between Apache 1.3.9 and 2.0

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Quentin Bennett wrote:
> Under 2.0, do I have to explicitly state that .soap should be handled
> using php, or is there a way of making the <?php tag enough, as in 1.3?

The <?php tag is not enough in 1.3 or 2.0.  You must always designate
which files will be parsed.  Now, it is possible that you have 1.3
configured to parse ALL files (which would be a bad idea).

Why do you object to using the correct AddType or AddHandler directives?

Joshua.

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential and
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are asked to respect that confidentiality and not disclose, copy or make use
of its contents. If received in error you are asked to destroy this email
and contact the sender immediately. Your assistance is appreciated.