httpd-users mailing list archives

From Szey...@aol.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache service not running
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 19:55:00 GMT
Thanks a lot for responses:

Original Message:
-----------------
From: Justin Williams

To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] apache service not running

Note the line below.  This tells you that an application is listening on
port
80.  THis is yout httpd; might be IIS, might be PWS, might be Apache.

When you look at your running services, that would tell you what web server
is running, which will, in turn, tell you whether that service is reading
httpd.conf.
---------------------------------------
I see that apache is started OK. However, it does not service my requests.
What should be wrong in my configuration. The only thing I can think of is
the name I gave to my domain - I gave the computer name as displayed by
ipconfig. What normally do people give as a domain - I cannot apply the
examples in the manual to my case because they recommend something lik
www.example.com. Should it be my computer name if I run locally? What should
domain name be when I run apache locally not knowingly connected to any
network but aol.com which I am only using for internet access?

Please, help.
Thanks

Sophia Zeyger