httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martyn Longhurst (MJ)" <Longh...@telkom.co.za>
Subject [users@httpd] ProxyPassReverse
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 05:35:17 GMT
'ello

Shme again, got time to ask pointless and annoying questions again.

Current VirtualHost entry:

<VirtualHost 165.143.101.4>
	ServerAdmin longhujm@telkom.co.za
	ServerName qit-soldev.telkom.co.za
	Port 8080
	DocumentRoot /webuser/swazitelecoms
	ProxyPass / http://165.143.101.4:8000
	ProxyPassReverse / http://165.143.101.4:8000
</VirtualHost>

However, when I access the url http://qit-soldev.telkom.co.za:8080/ I
get a Bad Request error. The browser also tends to append the
following to the URL: http://qit-soldev.telkom.co.za:8080//index.jsp

What I am trying to get done here, is have apache proxy any and all
requests for a specific url to the tomcat server and let it deal with
the jsps and servlets. However, I do not want the URL to change
whenever the start moving around on the tomcat server.

Is the virtual host the correct path to take or is there something
else I should be doing? I looked at the mod_rewrite.c module,
unfortunately, I'm a little pressed for time in all this. Help would
be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Martyn Longhurst