httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martyn Longhurst (MJ)" <Longh...@telkom.co.za>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Getting apache to boot
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:15:20 GMT
Aha, thank you. It finally started.

 -----Original Message-----
From: 	Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent:	22 November 2002 01:53
To:	users@httpd.apache.org
Subject:	RE: [users@httpd] Getting apache to boot

This depends on your shell...

The script to control apache which comes with the apache distribution
is
called "apachectl". This is written in the standard job-control shell
which comes with every Unix system (/bin/sh). If you open this program
in an editor (or just cat it), you will see that it is just another
scripting language and quite easy to understand. I think it will do
everything you need if you just copy or link it to /etc/init.d/apache
then have:

/etc/rc3.d/S50apache -> /etc/init.d/apache
/etc/rc0.d/K20apache -> /etc/init.d/apache

Start apache late and kill it early, because it depends on other
things
running...

If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender
urgently
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
print,
or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended
recipient.
views of the sender's company.