httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Newman <nnew...@mltech.com>
Subject [users@httpd] V 2.0.43 ProxyRemote directive - seems to be ignored
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2002 00:40:38 GMT
I am trying to use Apache's (version 2.0.43) ProxyRemote to accept requests
on port 80 and forward them to port 8080 where another server is
listening.  However, I cannot seem to get Apache to take any notice of the
ProxyRemote directive.

As a test straight out of the documentation (just to see if I could get
anything at all to work, and not to solve the real problem) I added the
directive:

         ProxyRemote * http://www.google.com

with the intent that all requests to my site instead go to Google.

In addition, I ensured that:

was uncommented, and that in the section near the end where it says
"uncomment to enable the proxy server" I have:

         <IfModule mod_proxy.c>
         ProxyRequests On

         <Proxy *>
             Order deny,allow
         #    Deny from all  -- commented out
             Allow from all
         </Proxy>
         ProxyRemote * http://www.google.com
         ProxyPass /foo   http://www.google.com
         ProxyPassReverse /foo   http://www.google.com

The last three lines show the ProxyRemote (which seems to have no effect)
and a ProxyPass(Reverse) pair which I tried as an experiment (which worked).

I am new to Apache, and may have missed something obvious.  I am performing
these tests on MS XP with a fresh Apache installation. Would someone tell
me where I should be looking, please?

Thanks for your consideration,
Nick