httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Razvan Costea-B." <cbraz...@laitek.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Display Domain Only?
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:49:32 GMT

>Huh?  All HTTP servers are file servers, in one form or another.  You'd
>need to be much more specific about the application.

Indeed... I was thinking about real file servers, with real sized files
(unlike the HTML files). As you say though, those are files too.

>And even if you where, what you are talking about is
>security-through-obscurity, and not very good obscurity at that.  If your
>browser can find it, then an attacker can find it just as easily.

However, I am a total rookie in this domain, but I've always thought that
you can write a page and have a script or something that would run on the
server alone, which will act on the links clicked by the user...

Can't you do such a thing? (as I follow your posts I am beginning to feel
insecure about this).