httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Directory help need by newbie
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 15:29:19 GMT
Have you got this the right way round? The convention is:

download: The client gets a file from the server
upload: The client loads a file onto the server

The whole of the web is based on the idea of clients downloading files -
that's what you do when you surf. Uploading is fairly rare and needs a
special effort on the server side - it is not something that happens by
default. Are you sure you are talking about apache and HTTP? (sounds
more like FTP to me...)

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

views of the sender's company.