httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Two apache server shared one AuthUserFile
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:29:08 GMT
You don't even need to copy the file. If both servers have access to the
same filesystem, then just specify the full path from the point-of-view
of each server. If the two servers are on the same machine then that's
just "/usr/local/apache_1.3.24/conf/.htpasswd".

It is a bas idea to copy the files because sooner or later you will add
a user to one and not the other and then the two version sof the file
will diverge.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle

-----Original Message-----
From: bioinfo Gu [mailto:bioinfowistar@yahoo.com]
Sent: Montag, 4. November 2002 16:07
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] Two apache server shared one AuthUserFile

Hello,  I have two apache server installed my unix server,  one is
common apache sever, the other is apache_1.3.27 + mod_ssl. Both of them
are working well. For the non-secure server, I have setup htpasswd file
with AuthUserFile, which is located is
/usr/local/apache_1.3.24/conf/.htpasswd.Since I have a lot of user on
this server, I want to set up the same users on secure apache server, I
just simply copy the /usr/local/apache_1.3.24/conf/.htpasswd to
/compbio/programs/apache_1.3.27/conf/.htpasswd,
And in apache_1.3.27+mod_ssl server's httpd.conf:
AuthUserFile /compbio/programs/apache_1.3.27/conf/.htpasswd
it did not work, the server can not recongize any user.
Any ideas, thanks a lot.
Grace

Do you Yahoo!?
HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now