httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Linux or Windows
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 20:46:32 GMT
I have an apache webserver running, on linux, with no downtime or major
security issues for months at a time, then only downtime when doing a
gracefull restart to activate updated apache to remove possible security
holes. ( I have yet to have any security problems. )
with windows it isn't quite as easily updated, and you have fewer
resources because ms thinks half your possible resources should be used
by a gui at all times. my server box doesn't even have to have someone
logged in for full functionality on it. with windows you have to login
for everything to function right.