httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Need Help on Database Idea
Date Wed, 27 Nov 2002 02:14:31 GMT
with mysql and php you can do it without using a cron job to build
static pages, just have a limit of say 10,000 characters per field for
the descriptions. that will limit the size of any single field being
pulled from the db, so it reduces the time to pull it.
you can have apache+php on the win2k server and the db running on the
freebsd server, just have to tell php where mysql is. ( if your network
is set up to allow that )

personally I would use the free bsd server to supply the entire data and
use a redirect on the win2k server, so course data requests are handed
off entirely to the other server.