httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Meadors <clubn...@hereintown.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Display Domain Only?
Date Tue, 26 Nov 2002 19:09:24 GMT
Sebastien Bellerive wrote:
> Right.. with PHP (and others for sure) you can just as easily 'manually' do
> POSTs as one does GET's.. so it's really irrelevent if the url is shown or
> not, the info is still there for anyone to use/modify

Not in a properly written CGI app.  You can just refuse GETs.  Of course
I can whip up a new form (or use Mozilla's debugging features) to POST
what ever I want.

Also as a note, when I go to a site that tries to hide the URL in a
frame, the first thing I do is tell it to show the inside frame only.

--
Chris