httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bruno António <banto...@di.fc.ul.pt>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Configuration Dilema
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:32:08 GMT
Jacob Coby wrote:

>>       How can I prevent extern people from accessing the web via
>>frontpage, but allowing people from the inside to do it?
>>

>I'm not familiar with frontpage, but I do know it requires an extention,
>correct?  You could deny the extention dir(s) or file(s) to outside IP
>addresses.

    The problem is that the extern server where i am redirecting the
packets does not have the frontpage extentions installed, it only
redirects the http packets to other server unavailable to the world. The
log shows a packet with an author.exe that the frontpage uses to
authoring the pages.

        I am trying to user a rewrite expression with mod proxy,
something like this

        RewriteEngine On
        RewriteRule ^AUTHOR\.EXE* /dev/null [R,NC]
        RewriteLog "/var/log/httpd/rewrite.log"

         ServerName something.other.com
         ServerAlias something
         ProxyPass / http://websomething.other.com/
         ProxyPassReverse / http://websomething.other.com/

        But it doesn't work, the rewrite.log doesn't show nothing, so i
have the feeling that that the RewriteRule is not working. (And yes i
have restarted the httpd :) )

        Any thoughts? Thks

>Does frontpage not have any sort of access permissions built into it's
>protocol?
>
>-Jacob

Bruno António,
Administração de Sistemas do Dep. de Informática da Fac. de Ciências da
Universidade de Lisboa,
Campo Grande Bloco C5 piso 1 sala 5.1.25B 1749-016 Lisboa - Portugal
Tel: +351 217500513 Fax: +351 217500084