httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bruno António <banto...@di.fc.ul.pt>
Subject [users@httpd] Configuration Dilema
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:02:46 GMT
  Hello

       I have a machine that is public and that forwards the packets to
the actual machine that contains the pages (this machine is unknown to
the world), the problem resides in the following. I also support
frontpage extentions, and this is the problem, i don't want a person
from outside to change things in my webs via frontpage. This is my
configuration

       Virtual host in the public Server

       <VirtualHost 168.21.13.42>
                ServerName something.other.com
                ServerAlias something
                ProxyPass / http://websmething.other.com/
                ProxyPassReverse / http://websomething.other.com/
       </VirtualHost>

       Virtual host in the private Server

       <VirtualHost 172.20.0.4>
               ServerAdmin somethin@localhos.com
               DocumentRoot /home/httpd/something
               ServerName websomething.other.com
               ErrorLog /home/something/log/httpd_log
               TransferLog /home/something/log/access_log
       </VirtualHost>

       How can I prevent extern people from accessing the web via
frontpage, but allowing people from the inside to do it?

       Thks in advance.

--
Bruno António,
Administração de Sistemas do Dep. de Informática da Fac. de Ciências da