httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lilla <ho...@gubbarna.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.27 + Namebased virtual hosts + SSL
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:28:27 GMT
> anyone got bak to u ?

Haven't heard anything yet.

> i tried to ask the same question , i actually got that working

Please tell me how a sample "working" SSL virtual host entry looks like
for you. A (plaintext) HTTP virtual host looks like this for me:

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.4:80>
     ServerName mail.example2.com
     ServerAdmin admin@example2.com
     DocumentRoot "/pkg/apache/1.3.27/htdocs-example2.com"
     <Directory "/pkg/apache/1.3.27/htdocs-example2.com">
         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews Includes
         AllowOverride All
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Directory>
     ErrorLog /pkg/apache/1.3.27/logs/error_log
     CustomLog /pkg/apache/1.3.27/logs/access_log common
</VirtualHost>

All my different virtual hosts entries differs mainly in the
"ServerName"-tag (and also the DocumentRoot ofcourse).

hen I try to add the SSL-stuff into the virtual hosts then it tells me
that the different SSL virtual hosts "overlaps" when trying to start the
server (.../apachectl startssl). I thought it was becase namebased
virtual hosts is not allowed over SSL.

But you are having the exact same scenario with only one IP? Then
pleeeeease show me how one of your SSL virtual host entries looks like
in your httpd.conf . Thanks!

/Lilla