httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache+IP Change
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:28:36 GMT

Bryan Cassidy wrote:
> I am very new to Apache and how things are setup but I got a quick and
> possibly a simple answer should get be going on this. I am running
> Apache 1.3.27 on a FreeBSD 4.6.2 Operating System. I have gotten
> Apache running fine right now but I don't have a static IP. I make
> changes to my kernel config file and have to reboot after those
> changes to take affect. Everytime I go to reboot after recompiling my
> kernel I have to go to dyndns.org and delete host and make it
> again. This is "VERY" annoying. Is there anyway to make this a little
> easier instead of doing it the way I have been doing it with Apache in
> some way? Thanks in advance

my ip is dynamic also, and I never have a problem.
though my isp seems to assign ips based on physical address and
hardware, since it doesn't actually change very often. I'm literally
hosting some free downloads using ip based links it's that rarely that
this dynamic ip changes. :-) when it does, everything resets itself just
fine.
when you configured your networking did you set it up for dhcp? or
static? ( probably the latter from your question )
alter your networking to a dhcp protocol and it should clear up the issue.