httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chris Meadors <clubn...@hereintown.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htpasswd and Multple sub-directories
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 05:05:27 GMT
Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

> Thanks for the pointers, guys, but without being able to find and
> install mod_so, I can't do crap (I don't have mod_auth installed, as a
> matter of fact, I only have mod_perl installed). Are there any plans to
> include all the "main" modules in with Apache, so that when you install,
> those get installed as well? Or if we install from source are we just
> sol if we can't find all the mod_* files we need?
>
> Yes, I did Google for "mod_so" and got a lot of links telling me what it
> DOES, but not where to download it. Modifying the search to '"mod_so"
> +download' didn't help much, either.
>
> Again, thanks for the help.

mod_so is the dynamic loader.  If you are loading mod_perl as a dynamic
module (can it even be compiled in?) you have mod_so in your httpd
(mod_so can't be dynamic, cause it'd have to load itself).  mod_auth is
also in the source distro, just as you want it to be.  You might want to
look over the build config options again.

--
Chris