httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joseph A Nagy Jr <pagan_pri...@charter.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htpasswd and Multple sub-directories
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 03:01:45 GMT
Chris Meadors wrote:
> Joseph A Nagy Jr wrote:

<snip>

> Why don't you make it so that all the protected directories have a
> common parent directory?  Then you can put an .htaccess (that controls
> the access to the directory, .htpasswd is just a common name for the
> file that contains the usernames/passwords) in that one directory.  Try,
> protected, members, registered, something to that effect as your parent
> directory.

*L* Good question. This site is a replica of another one of my websites, and when I transferred
them
over, I kept the directory structure intact, although I could make one .htaccess and cp it
into the
appropriate directories.

I really have limited exp using .htaccess files, so I wouldn't know how to word it (yes, I'm
asking
for at least help in setting up the answer), I would appreciate any help.

--
Joseph A Nagy Jr                 Purgatory is where Windows users go when they
Founder and CEO                  die so they can figure out Linux and ascend into