httpd-users mailing list archives

From D Uhlman <plug_m...@50km.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2 High Weirdness
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 07:28:56 GMT
After many hours of configuring and compiling I have gotten it to work.
Thank you very much for the sendfile advice as that appeared to fix it.
I think that the virtuozzo patches to the kernel must break the sendfile
  implementation as far as apache uses it, I have other daemons and
software using it without problem. However I had to hack the apr
configure.in file to force sendfile not to be used. Ths configure
program specifies in its help that the option is "--with-sendfile" and
in the configure.in if "--with-sendfile=" anything but yes it should be
disabled, I found that not to be the case though I am not sure why (too
many hours on this already) so I hacked configure.in so that it couldn't
have sendfile=1.

I see why the EnableSendfile directive is necessary and look forward to
its implementation.

Thanks for the help.