httpd-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RE: ssl pass phrase dialog on startup
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 17:50:35 GMT
that should work.
most ssl actions don't requiire the passphrase.

Dan Rossi wrote:
> is it ok to leave the passphrase out of the key ? its asking me coz i added
> it in , i'd need to be able to start httpd with ssl on boot without having
> to manually enter a pass
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: J. Greenlees [mailto:jaqui@shaw.ca]
> Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 6:46 PM
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RE: ssl pass phrase dialog on startup
> 
> 
> then you will have to edit your init script to stop it loading apache at
> boot.
> you can easily do it from linuxconf
> if on windows, uninstall service from the start menu apache  group.
> then you have to manually start apache when you want it though.
> 
> the ssl is integral, if you need ssl, so there is no way to start ssl
> after apache starts, you would have to restart apache after adding ssl
> in the conf.
> 
> 
> 
> Dan Rossi wrote:
> 
>>yeh i mean what about when starting up on boot
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: J. Greenlees [mailto:jaqui@shaw.ca]
>>Sent: Saturday, November 16, 2002 4:49 PM
>>To: users@httpd.apache.org
>>Subject: Re: [users@httpd] RE: ssl pass phrase dialog on startup
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Dan Rossi wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Apache/2.0.43 mod_ssl/2.0.43 (Pass Phrase Dialog)
>>>Some of your private key files are encrypted for security reasons.
>>>In order to read them you have to provide us with the pass phrases.
>>>
>>>why do i get this ? i dont particularly want this on startup
>>>
>>
>>if you don't need ssl enabled then comment it out in your conf file.
>>that will stop the error.
>>if you need ssl then you will need to supply pass phrases for apache to
>>use it.
>>
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
>>See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>
>>
>>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
>>See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
>>To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>>For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
>>
>>
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>    "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
> See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
>    "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org
> 
> 



---------------------------------------------------------------------
The official User-To-User support forum of the Apache HTTP Server Project.
See <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html> for more info.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
   "   from the digest: users-digest-unsubscribe@httpd.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@httpd.apache.org


Mime
View raw message