httpd-users mailing list archives

From Evje <sel.ausl...@shawcable.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Directory Configuration
Date Fri, 15 Nov 2002 23:29:31 GMT
Hello Joshua;

New to Apache, Here is the problem that I outlined previously.

A person has his webpages in a directory on http://www.xyz.com (in
htdocs)(no domain name so no VirtualHost involved).

The url is as follows:
http://www.xxx.com:8080/directoryname/index/abcd.html (don't ask me
why??)

How can I set up the directory in Apache httpd config to go to this url
http://www.xyz.com:8080/directoryname/ without the directory listing
showing and without having to add the /index/abcd.html

I tried the following and it still shows the directory contents.

<Directory "C:/Apache2/htdocs/directoryname">
     DirectoryIndex index/abcd.html
     Options Indexes
     AllowOverride AuthConfig Options Fileinfo
     Order Allow,Deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

I also tried:

<Directory "C:/Apache2/htdocs/directoryname/index">
     DirectoryIndex index/abcd.html
     Options Indexes
     AllowOverride AuthConfig Options Fileinfo
     Order Allow,Deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

I tried the following which you suggested and it doesn't work:

<Directory /path/to/docroot/directoryname>
DirectoryIndex index/abcd.html
</Directory>

You may also want to add
<Directory /path/to/docroot/directoryname/*>
DirectoryIndex index.html
</Directory>
to turn it back to normal in the subdirectories.

There are several other ways to do the same thing using
Alias/RewriteRule/etc, but I think that is the simplest.

Thanks in advance for your help and patience. :-)

Selmer Ausland