httpd-users mailing list archives

From Francisco Javier Villa <fj...@alu.um.es>
Subject [users@httpd] replies in Apache
Date Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:18:47 GMT
Hello everybody,

I would like to know the way Apache replies to a URL request. When the
URL has been mapped to the URI,  does Apache load the file in L2 cache
in order to make the response? I don't know if Apache reads the file
from disk directly and then make the reply, stores the page in L2 cache,
or in a disk buffer at main memory. If it read the file from disk, if a
second request to the same URI is made, then it can't been satisfied
from L2, and the reply time will be higher, I suppose.

Thanks.