httpd-users mailing list archives

From Evje <sel.ausl...@shawcable.com>
Subject [users@httpd] .htaccess
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 20:31:50 GMT

Hello;

For test purposes, I am trying to configure .htaccess on my test server
(running Windows NT 4.0).

I am new at Apache 2.0.43, and there is obviously some sort of error I
am making.

Have read the tutorials and articles from the list and I am still lost.

Virtual hosts work and the box comes up to enter my username and
password, but I cannot get the password to work.

I get this message in my error log:

[Thu Nov 07 14:13:30 2002] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xxx] user test:
authentication failure for "/": Password Mismatch.

I have my .htpasswd file in D:Apache2/bin/ The password is:
test:testpassword

This is my setup in httpd config.

<VirtualHost *>
     ServerAdmin webmaster@xyz.com
     DocumentRoot "D:/Apache2/htdocs"
     ServerName www.xyz.com
     ServerAlias www.xyz.com
     ErrorLog  logs/xyz.com-error_log
     CustomLog logs/xyz.com-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<Directory "D:/Apache2/htdocs">
     Options Indexes
     AllowOverride AuthConfig Options Fileinfo
     Order Allow,Deny
     Allow from all
     AuthUserFile "D:/Apache2/bin/.htpasswd"
     AuthType Basic