httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Ray <...@blazestudios.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Virus warning THIS IS A HOAX
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 04:40:32 GMT
Andrew-

A) The first line was a joke, hence the :)

B) I do keep my virus definitions upto date, and I didn't need McAfee or
Symantec to tell me it was a hoax virus. I knew that the jdbmgr.exe file
was the Jave Debugger program for Windoze. The point that I was trying
to make is that people who don't know much about computers can be fooled
easily like this and start a nice little wave of panic (if that's the
right word to use) and convince others that don't know a lot about
computers to delete files that are important. Ignorance may be bliss,
but it can be the source of some serious headaches...

Andrew Kenna wrote:

>I doubt it, as I said in my email.. We had 10 machines here with this particular HOAX
virus on them and they did not start sending out email left right and centre.

>Keep your virus definitions upto date and you will fine out what the true virus is rather
than the HOAXES that are out there.