httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jean-Pierre Denis" ...@msfree.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Bandwidth Utilization / Reporting
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:40:36 GMT
Hi,
> Is there a module for Apache 1.x or 2.x (new server so I have the option
> to choose!!!), that will allow me to see what the cumulative bandwidth
> usage is for (a) individual Virtual Hosts and (b) the Apache Server as a
> whole? I would like to be able to produce  adaily report that includes
> this information in a formal bandwidth costing exercise.

What you could do is write a little script that would calculate the size
from the access_log files. I my logs, the last field is the size return
the the users browser. By calculating those you will be able to know what
is the bandwidth usage.

There is probably other ways to do this but this is an easy one !

Thanks,

Jean-Pierre Denis
jp at msfree dot ca