httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 crashes and XP restart after minute
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 05:54:24 GMT
Stanislav wrote:
> i cannot start apache again. that's ok. didn't bother me at all :)
>
> but after 1 minute winXP restart. The same story hapens twice.
> I have modem connection with internet and i didn't configure apache at
> all (work on default configuration)

I experienced that too on Windows XP: the screen just go blank and the
computer restarts; no blue screen, no nothing.

It has happened a few times, and the pattern I see:
* Only PHP pages (suggests PHP bug)
* Only requests by remote users (ie. not local)
* Happens before any response is sent
* Only happened when developing scripts and testing them, which suggests
that it might be triggered by buggy PHP-code.

I don't have any solution, lest hope ;)

Regards,
Robert Andersson