httpd-users mailing list archives

From <tcollis...@cox.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Regular Expression matching in Apache 2
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:52:15 GMT
I am trying to setup a webdav server on apache2 where I can limit auths to certain directories
based on the part of the directory path being equal to the entered username.  I ran across
a couple of threads and an Apache 1.3 book explaining to do this by using a DirectoryMatch,
and using a "require user $1", the $1 being part of the path that matches, ex.
<DirectoryMatch "/users/([A-Za-z0-9]+)">.
This does not work at all.  Posting an AuthName $1 brings back a $1 on the box, so I am assuming
that I am not accessing the $1 correctly.
My question, should this work?  Is there a way to auth like this in apache without repeating
the directory statement?  I am authing through ldap, which works fine, but I don't know if
this regexp flexibility carried over to apache 2.

Thanks!
Tom