httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew <and...@ugh.net.au>
Subject [users@httpd] SSL, VirtualHosts and Layer 4 (was Re: [users@httpd] Depreciation of BindAddress)
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 02:59:56 GMT

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> OK.  But you obviously have a pretty complex case that would benefit from
> configuration management tools.

I'm managing with a few dodgy perl scripts at the moment but I may need to
resort to a proper tool at some point.

> You are the first person I have ever heard who misses BindAddress.
> Everyone else is glad to see it gone.

If listen didn't require a port (which wouldnt make much sense) I wouldn't
miss it either :-)

So that brings me to the question...how do other ppl deal with multiple
virtual SSL hosts behind a layer 4 switch? I'm guessing my one per port
isn't common? Or do they just produce their config files froma  central
repository?

Thanks,

Andrew