httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew <and...@ugh.net.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Depreciation of BindAddress
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 02:33:11 GMT

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002, Joshua Slive wrote:

> I've read your message a few times, and I can't figure out exactly your
> use case.

I have several servers each with their own config and each sharing some
config. The config that is shared between the servers (which includes
which ports to listen on) can't refer to a particular IP as each server
has a different IP.

>  But, in any case, httpd.conf is not a programming language, it
> is a configuration file.  It is not designed for arbitrarily-complex
> conditionals.  That is what a pre-processor is for.

True, but while it is sometimes necessary, loosing functionality
without resorting to extra scripts and preprocessing seems a shame (and in
this case I don't need conditionals).

Andrew