httpd-users mailing list archives

From Andrew <and...@ugh.net.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Depreciation of BindAddress
Date Fri, 29 Nov 2002 01:53:56 GMT

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Chris Taylor wrote:

> Listen 192.168.0.4:80
>
> etc etc on each server? ie: the specified IP address for the machine
> with the port you want on the end?

No I'm trying to have a shared config file between all the server so I
want to be IP free if possible.

There are a number of workarounds such as gnereating a config file for
each server from my own custom config file and distributing it through a
series of scripts or even using mod_define to define the ip in the server
specific config file and just using the symbolic name in the shared config
(although this seems to break apachectl configtest which I'm quite fond
of).

Thanks,

Andrew