httpd-users mailing list archives

From Cahya Wirawan <cwira...@email.archlab.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache2.0.43 w/ ldap on Solaris
Date Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:53:13 GMT
On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 05:13:04PM -0600, Hulslander, Ryan wrote:

> I'd really like to know how you got it to work! I posted a question on how
> to just get the module COMPILED with Apache on Linux and nothing - nary a
> peep. Is .43 the only one that LDAP works with? Here's the message I posted:
>
> Background;
> I'm running Apache 2.0.42 under SuSE linux 8.0 and building Apache from the
> source
>
> Problem;
>
> I need to install an LDAP module to handle authentication, and everything I
> try on the configure script that I see in the documentation doesn't seem to
> want to work. I tried the following:
>
> ./configure --enable-ssl --enable-file-cache --enable-deflate
> --enable-mpm=worker --enable-ldap
>
> The configure seems to work, but when I proceed with the make step, I get
>
> util_ldap.c:81: #error mod_ldap requires APR-util to have LDAP support built
> in
>
> Does anyone have any ideas? Everything works and compiles great except for
> when I add in the ldap info.
>
> Any help would be DEEPLY appreciated!
>
> Thanks!
>
> Ryan Hulslander
> ryan.hulslander@ps.net

I have the same problem when I compiled apache with ldap from apache 2.0.43
source, it asked for APR-util. so I use another apache ldap implementation:
http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/mod_auth_ldap/mod_auth_ldap.html ,
there is no compile problem, and it works very good. it is a pitty that
the builtin ldap implementation just can't be compiled.

cahya.