httpd-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Harlin <pat...@dc.luth.se>
Subject [users@httpd] DBM convertion fron Netscape Enterprise server to Apache....
Date Fri, 22 Nov 2002 07:36:26 GMT
Hi,

I got an old DBM file on a Netscape Enterprice Server, now I would like to
move all the users and passwords stored in the DBM file. I would like to move
the data into an apache 1.3.27 server. But there seems to be some compability
problems between the DBM format on these platforms (se section from apache
documentation below):

Important compatibility note: The implementation of "dbmopen" in the apache
modules reads the string length of the hashed values from the DBM data
structures, rather than relying upon the string
being NULL-appended. Some applications, such as the Netscape web server, rely
upon the string being NULL-appended, so if you are having trouble using DBM
files interchangeably between
applications this may be a part of the problem.

Has anyone a solution on how to easily move the user info between the
platforms ? Or is there any possibility to get the data from the Netscape DBM
file into a .htpasswd file ?

/Cheers,

Patrick Harlin, SysAdmin
LuleƄ University of Technology