httpd-users mailing list archives

From Panos <grshado...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Authentication and Redirect...
Date Wed, 20 Nov 2002 09:19:38 GMT
Dear all

I have installed the Apache 1.3.27 in Solaris 2.7 in a
Sun Enterprise 450.

I'm trying to configure the httpd.conf to give access
to my users, using password.

I have configured the following and it works fine :

<Directory "/usr/apache/htdocs/customer-no1/">
AllowOverride None
AuthType Basic
AuthName CUSTOMER1
AuthUserFile /usr/apache/kodiki/customers.pw
require user customer1
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

I'd like to configure my apache, using the
auto-redirect. The home page of my site is located at
/usr/apache/htdocs/ .If the customer's name is
customer1, then to be redirected at
/usr/apache/htdocs/customer-no1 directory.

Any ideas ?

Thank you
Panos