httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Laudanski <laud...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] URL Rewrites - A certain twist, need help.
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:41:32 GMT
Hello,

This is the first time I am posting here, and while I
have read http://httpd.apache.org/userslist.html and
the faqts, I was unable to find the information I am
looking for.  That also includes the apache doc page
on mod_rewrite on its URL rewrite examples page.

Here is my problem:

In my .htaccess file I currently cause any of the
following URL examples to be rewritten to
"www.computercops.biz":

 - computercops.biz
 - computercops.info
 - www.computercops.info

Now I am trying to add something like
"scan.computercops.biz" as a subdomain, but when I do,
it gets rewritten to "www.computercops.biz".  I would
like it to stay "scan.computercops.biz".

Currently, if I remove the rewrite conditions as found
in my .htaccess file, then "scan.computercops.biz"
will point to "computercops.biz/scan" due to code in
my index.cgi file.  But because I have the rewrite
code in .htaccess, this does not occur.  Instead it
gets rewritten to "www.computercops.biz".

Unable to find anything in google search, I have hopes
that someone here may be able to guide me.

Thanks,

Paul Laudanski