httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Priya balaji" <priya_bal...@rediffmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Protection from slapper worm DDos attack
Date Tue, 19 Nov 2002 12:44:02 GMT
Hi,

I am running the latest versions of Apache, modssl and openssl on
a Solaris machine. My machine is getting a lot of connections from
hosts running older versions of Apache and Openssl. My web server
reaches max limit and stops serving pages. Requires a restart.

All the symptoms look like the activity of the slapper worm. I
have obtained a lot of information about this worm, but there is
no information about protecting the machine from the DDOS attacks
 from other infected hosts.

It will be very helpful if somebody can provide information on the
following.

1. Are the machines running the updated versions vulnerable to
these attacks or have i done something wrong in setting things
up?
2. Will blocking the ports from where the infected machines
communicate help in my case?

Thanks in advance.

Priya