httpd-users mailing list archives

From pi...@goldfisch.at
Subject [users@httpd] strange behaviour of mod_vhost_alias
Date Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:50:35 GMT
apache2.0.43

I use VirtualHosts with mod_vhost_alias and explicitely defined in
VirtualHost-Sections.

This works well beside one strange phaenomena:

If I define VirtualDocumentRoot inside a <VirtualHost>-section then
the one <VirtualHost>-section that uses the servers canonical hostname
(=reverse lookup on IP) is ignored.

Example:

NameVirtualHost  62.99.149.138:80

<VirtualHost 62.99.149.138:80>
  VirtualDocumentRoot /data/apache/%0:%p
  VirtualScriptAlias /data/apache/%0:%p/cgi-bin
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 62.99.149.138:80>
ServerName goldfisch.at
DocumentRoot /data/apache/goldfisch
DirectoryIndex index.html index.pl
Alias /test /data/apache/test
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 62.99.149.138:80>
ServerName x.goldfisch.at
DocumentRoot /data/apache/goldfisch
Alias /test /data/apache/test
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 62.99.149.138:80>
ServerName other.at
DocumentRoot /data/apache/goldfisch
Alias /test /data/apache/test
</VirtualHost>

All these <VirtualHost>-Sections are identical and all works but the
one using "goldfisch.at" (where apache tries to access
"/data/apache/goldfisch.at:80/test") As soon as I outcomment the first
section (specifying the VirtualDocumentRoot) it works for goldfisch.at
also !!

Thats strange.

Another things I dont understand:

If I dont put the section that specifies the VirtualDocumentRoot as
first, but any other then the VirtualDocumenRoot-statement is ignored
and the DocumentRoot from the first section is taken instead.

example:

NameVirtualHost  62.99.149.138:80

<VirtualHost 62.99.149.138:80>
ServerName goldfisch.at
DocumentRoot /data/apache/goldfisch
DirectoryIndex index.html index.pl
Alias /test /data/apache/test
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 62.99.149.138:80>
  VirtualDocumentRoot /data/apache/%0:%p
  VirtualScriptAlias /data/apache/%0:%p/cgi-bin
</VirtualHost>

in that case http://other.goldfisch.at leads to /data/apache/goldfisch
to instead of /data/apache/other.goldfisch.at:80/

thnx,
peter

--
mag. peter pilsl