httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Help Please
Date Sat, 16 Nov 2002 02:56:34 GMT
Hi Deb,

On Sat, Nov 16, 2002 at 01:50:07PM +1100, Debbie McMann wrote:
> Im not an expert in this area.. But I can run this
> http://localhost/sample.cgi
>
> But I want the user to be taken to this page automatically.. What do I need
> to add to index.html ?

Just to be clear, you want someone typing in "http://localhost/" to be
automatically shown "http://localhost/sample.cgi" ?

If that's the case, find the line in your httpd.conf that starts with
"DirectoryIndex" and edit it as appropriate.  That particular directive
tells Apache which filenames to try loading when none is specified. For
example:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm sample.cgi

would first try loading index.html, then index.htm, and finally sample.cgi

HTH,

Zac