httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSI var... (none)
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:54:11 GMT
On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 11:40:45PM -0800, Dag Gano wrote:
> Is there any way to turn off this behavior from within the code (not by
> server configuration)? If my var is empty, I want it to echo empty (nothing,
> blank, null, whatever). Why would anyone want "(none)" spewed onto their web
> page? This blows my whole project. Please let me know if there's a way to
> stop the insanity.

Given the absence of quotes around '(none)' in the documentation, I would
expect that it does precisely what you want - prints nothing.  Is the
question based upon your reading of the documentation, or did you encounter
the behaviour in the course of using the echo directive?

I don't have a server with includes to test this on, but I'd be very
surprised if a literal "(none)" was printed...

HTH,

Zac