httpd-users mailing list archives

From Zac Stevens <...@cryptocracy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] POST problems with apache 1.3.x
Date Tue, 12 Nov 2002 08:37:24 GMT
Hi Jane,

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 02:22:13PM +0000, j.howitt@mgn.co.uk wrote:
> All the data sent in the POST is received by the httpd server (the bytes
> are the same, but headers slightly differ) but depending on the browser  a
> different response is made. The errors always occur in the same place and
> if a space is added to the content the error moves on a character. This is
> causing pages to display incorrectly and basically makes the server too
> flaky to use(well impossible).
>
> If anyone can make any suggestions on how to resolve this please do !

I think it would be helpful to get a little more information about
precisely what you're working with here...

Which version of Apache are you running, and on which platform?
What is accepting the POST'ed data - a CGI, PHP, Tomcat, etc?
What is being done with the POST'ed data, and what specifically are the
errors you are seeing?

I'm having a bit of trouble identifying specific problem areas in the
comparison you included in your original e-mail.  If the session captures
aren't too large, consider mailing those raw files (to me directly if you'd
like) as context can be important.  Differences in headers are entirely
normal and probably not anything to be concerned about - unless this is in
fact a client bug we're dealing with.

Cheers,

Zac