httpd-users mailing list archives

From pi...@goldfisch.at
Subject [users@httpd] mix mod_vhost_alias and virtual hosts
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 23:40:25 GMT
In my apache2 I want to mix explicit VirtualHosts with mass-hosting
using the vhost-module.

Most domains are standard configs and I want to use the
VirtualDocumentRoot - Directive to satisfy them.

But some domains need more complex configs so I want to satisfy using
a <VirtualHost>-environment for each of them.

Problem now:

I've two domains defined in a <VirtualHost>-Environment. One works
fine, the other fails to work. Error-logs tell me that apache searches
this domain in the vhost-folder specified with VirtualDocumentRoot.

So my question: How do this two ways of virtual hosting
interfere. Which has priority ? Is it recommeneded to combine this two
methods ?

Additional I like to know if there is an easy way to activate SSL for
all request to port 443 and of course deactivate for all requests on
port 80, so I can use https for simple vhost-domains also. (I know
that it doesnt make much sense cause the certificates will not fit,
but I'd like to know)

thnx,
peter

--