httpd-users mailing list archives

From bioinfo Gu <bioinfowis...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Two apache server shared one AuthUserFile
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:06:54 GMT

Hello,  I have two apache server installed my unix server,  one is common apache sever, the
other is apache_1.3.27 + mod_ssl. Both of them are working well. For the non-secure server,
I have setup htpasswd file with AuthUserFile, which is located is /usr/local/apache_1.3.24/conf/.htpasswd.Since
I have a lot of user on this server, I want to set up the same users on secure apache server,
I just simply copy the /usr/local/apache_1.3.24/conf/.htpasswd to /compbio/programs/apache_1.3.27/conf/.htpasswd,

And in apache_1.3.27+mod_ssl server's httpd.conf:

AuthUserFile /compbio/programs/apache_1.3.27/conf/.htpasswd

it did not work, the server can not recongize any user.

Any ideas, thanks a lot.

Grace