httpd-users mailing list archives

From Szey...@aol.com
Subject [users@httpd] apache service not running
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 16:21:50 GMT
Hi,

I posted my question yesterday and still don't have the woriking answer. The
main problem is that my cgi scripts'  are "downloaded" rather than executed
as cgi scripts.
They also are not found in cgi directory. I circumvented this problem by
adding "AddType" directive in httpd.conf so that any perl script will be
considered by cgi script. Now I can keep my scripts in local directory and
address them locally. They are found all right. However, they are not treated
as cgi scripts despite "Addtype" directive.
I also noticed that my OS does not know that my apache server is running: I
stopped  apache, then started it from console. From another command window I
said: "apache -k shutdown". The response on this console was "apache service
is not runnning". However, apache log told that it was shutdown ok.
So, my system does not know that apache is running. Probably, because of that
my cgi requests are not handled by apache but rather by some www server.
What could be misconfigured?
During configuration I had to answer 3 questions.I gave wrong names which I
later edited. Now the answers to those questions are:
servername  - localhost
ServerAdmin  - szeyger@aol.com
domain  - < the name of my computer given by 'ipconfig -a' >
So, now the only directive involving domain looks this way:
<Location /server-info>
    SetHandler server-info
    Order deny,allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from .HEWLETT-GRAP4UX
</Location>

Is this incorrect?
What parameter should I use instead, if it is.

Please, help. I am stuck.

Thanks
Sophia Zeyger