httpd-users mailing list archives

From Szey...@aol.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache service not running
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:47:36 GMT

In a message dated 11/11/2002 8:38:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
justin@naturalwebs.com writes:

> You might try localhost as your domain, if you are working on that machine,
> directly.  You won't need to add that to your conf file, but, you might try
> that as the URL and see what it does...

Where should I put this URL? I tried to execute
http:/localhost/cgi-bin/printenv.pl - this brings up the file download dialog
instead of giving me the ouput of the script in the browser. I also tried to
execute my html script that has in an action field of submit button
''/cgi-bin/hiddenfields.pl" ( my script which is in cgi-bin directory of
apache). This responds with "page not found" with address
C:/cgi-bin/hiddenfields.pl. I tried to put this script also in the same
directory as my html find and put in the action field "hiddenfields.pl" -
this brings up file download dialog. I tried to put url
http://localhost/cgi-bin/hiddenfields.pl - this responds with "Invalid syntax
error " from IE - "page cannot be displayed- page ...was renamed or removed".
The apache log does not show any error - IE does. What should I do, to make
apache handle my requests rather than IE is trying to handle my requests?

Please, help.

Thanks
Sophia