httpd-users mailing list archives

From Szey...@aol.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache service not running
Date Mon, 11 Nov 2002 22:17:25 GMT
In a message dated 11/11/2002 6:53:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
justin@naturalwebs.com writes:

> Good news:
> Apache is finding the file.  It does not yet know how to execute the file,
> which you need to specify in the config file, but it is finding the file
> (printenv.pl).
> It also sounds like you need to teach Apache what you mean by /cgi-bin/,
> which means setting the ScriptAlias in your config file.
>
> Could you copy that portion of your config & post it up here so we can see
> what we're dealing with?

Thanks all who replied.
In my config I kept what was there only modifying the variable names for
which I was prompted during configuration. I added some entries based on the
discussions I observed in this group emails
Below are the relevant entries from my httpd.conf
-------------

My OS is Windows XP. My browser is IE 6.0.2600.0000 .My httpd.conf has the
following lines ( some of them I edited based on the discussion I viewed in
this usergroup mail).
ServerRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2"
Listen 127.0.0.1:80
ServerAdmin szeyger@aol.com
ServerName localhost
UseCanonicalName Off
DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs"
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride None
    Options None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
<Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs">
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all

</Directory>
UserDir "C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/My Documents/My Website"
DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var
AccessFileName .htaccess
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
# SZ Trying to make cgi scripts work. Adding from usergroup mail:
<Directory "c:/program files/apache group/apache2/htdocs">
 Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>
# SZ: Adding handler for perl scripts
   AddType application/x-httpd-cgi .pl .cgi
   AddHandler cgi-script .pl
<Location /server-status>
   SetHandler server-status
   Order deny,allow